Monday, April 5, 2010

Sometimes I Stumble

Result of all that caffeine I consumed Saturday night? Not falling asleep until nearly 4am. Smooth, Laura. Really smooth.

Since I was awake I made a batch of granola:

2 cups certified GF whole oats (Bob's Red Mill)
~1/2 cup organic unsweetened dried cranberries
1 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup organic walnut halves (whacked a few times with a mallet)
1/4 cup veg. oil
1/2 cup agave nectar

Toss dry ingredients, mix wet separately, combine in a baking pan of your choice depending on if you double the recipe or not, bake for ~45 minutes at 350F, stirring every 10 minutes. While still warm spread to cool on parchment paper. Store in airtight container. Feel free to replace/mix-up the type of nut and dried fruit. Nom nom nom, excellent breakfast/lunch/snack!

Yesterday I was treated to a simply scrumptious (and mimosa-filled) brunch at Bar Breton with my friend Helen, by our friend Tony. That's my kind of Easter, that is. After reading a little bit for class (not enough, I'm sure) I chose to revel in the perfectness of the Spring evening and join my friend Seth on his roof deck, complete with a posse of chill people and a Brazilian style grill (I had my own little section - tempeh, onion, tomato, and broccoli on a whim. A tasty whim.) Although I probably shouldn't have coated all my eats in Parmesan garlic butter. Or imbibed so much bourban. Which led me to purchasing and consuming that tiny little individual-sized Ben & Jerry peanut brittle ice cream.

Needless to say, I've been suffering the consequences of over-dairy-ing all day today.

And in a terrible, amateur move I went to D'Ag hungry. Which led to a purchasing of Pirate's Booty-esque crunchy cheesy things. AND an actual block of cheese which at this point, I'll be honest, has already been completely consumed.

THIS is why I have to do all my cooking for the week on Sundays. End of story. No more Sunday slacking. And obviously no more blocks of cheese. Though I did manage to haul my ass to the gym this AM ... won't happen tomorrow, though. I think I'll bring my kicks along to jog at lunch. Which will be granola again. Like both breakfast & lunch were today.

Oy. Back to studying.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like Sundays were constructed solely for lazy food practices... which is still a terrible idea, but they really do work against us! All that free time... what else could they be for?

    ReplyDelete