Friday, May 7, 2010

Death Grip

I am trying to hold onto some semblance of a life as tight as I possibly can.

My daily cooking has been nothing exciting lately. Though I did treat myself to chocolate chip pancakes for dinner tonight. It was a long week, don't judge me. The extent of my culinarity (yes, that's a word) this week involved adding sauteed garlic and shallot to my jar of tomato sauce that I put on my Tinkyada veggie & brown rice pasta. Oh PS I took my buddy Tony to Caracas on Monday night. Yikes, cheese hangover.

Last night, however, I finally caved and jumped on the grilling train at my buddy Seth's roof deck. His grill is straight from Brazil and his master griller is roommate Henrique, a Brazilian. It's safe to say they know what they're doing.

I brought eggplant, zucchini, some portobellos I marinated in minced garlic, fresh rosemary, and evoo, and a pineapple. Yes. Yes, it was amazing. All of it. I love being surrounded by people who love to cook for others as much as I do. Oh, right, and evoo, salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of parm on the sliced veggies. The pineapple got cinnamon'd. Mmmm ...

I look forward to tomorrow morning - after my run (I'm doing 4 miles in 34 minutes now, still every morning of the week ... though I skipped today due to the aftermath of last night's grilling ...) I'm making my favorite breakfast: eggs in the hole. Yum! Just dash some Tabasco on there with some parsley flakes and parfait. Wash it down with some almond milk.

Hope your gastronomic adventures are infinitely more exciting than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment