Tuesday, January 26, 2010

And I'm Back!

This weekend was not one of my proudest. I've managed to repress the memory of what I ate on Saturday but Sunday ... oof! I wont recount my complete fatty-fatty-fatness but will tell you about about the quaint little family-style dinner my roommates and I threw together Sunday night.

My dish - creamy polenta (read: butter and Parmesan) America's Test Kitchen style (can't link to it online without a subscription ... I have a cookbook of theirs.)

Dan's dish - chickpea and leek soup, incredibly simple & tasty. The recipe is from his new Jamie Oliver cookbook. He was so proud! (We used canned chickpeas.)

Meredith's dish - arugula salad with red pepper, dried cranberries, shelled sunflower seeds and Gorgonzola crumbles (balsamic vinaigrette on the side.)

Afterward we all napped together. I'm not kidding.

Last night was Week Three of Nacho Average Monday at Poe's Kitchen. Here's his insanely mouthwatering description: "Nachos con Sweet Poe-tato" topped with caramelized Spanish onions, Gorgonzola cheese crumbles, frisee in watercress vinaigrette, and roasted sweet potato tomatillo salsa with rosemary sea salted corn tortillas.

You want to know how good it was? Look at this:


Yes, that is yours truly, licking her plate clean in the most lady-like of ways. And I can't even begin to describe the dessert nachos Poe whipped up for me afterward, out of his brain & available ingredients. They involved cinnamon & sugar dusted chips, chocolate ganache, pomegranate grenadine, mint "salsa", strawberries and some kind of berry ice cream ... this he called "cooking on the fly." What?!? It saddens me greatly that I only have two Mondays left before I embark on my grand adventure.

Mmm, snacking on leftover polenta throughout the day will keep my energy up for a run during my lunch break.

No comments:

Post a Comment