Friday, January 22, 2010

Little Things

A cold, crisp, Crayola-crayon-worthy Granny Smith apple.

A complex, almost butterscotchy aged Gouda.

A quiet room and good book.

The perfect lunch hour.

Last night some of my closest friends all gathered for the sake of cheese. I brought Manchego, Gruyere, quince paste, and three types of gluten-free crackers. There was also a port wine cheese ball, Comte, two kinds of goat cheese, Caprese salad, smoked Gouda, and brie, amongst other spread-on-able and dip-in-able wheaty things. Accompanied by some cheap red wine and a dessert of chocolate-dipped strawberries and you can be absolutely certain that I stuffed myself silly.

Tonight I will be staying in and ordering Thai food and perhaps might even start packing, or at least thinking about packing, considering that I'm moving my life to Manhattan, once again, in two weeks. Ooh, or maybe I'll be a real fatty and order the same thing from two different Thai places to compare and contrast. Yummmmm ...

No comments:

Post a Comment