Thursday, April 1, 2010

Food, Inc.

Ew. Ew ew ew ew ew.

My pseudo-vegetarianism has now morphed into full-fledged vegetarianism. This film ... oh man. What have I been putting into my body for the past 25ish years? I'm now questioning every single thing that enters my mouth. I had a Tropicana pulp-free OJ on my walk home from the library tonight. Ingredients: oranges. Still - when how and where were they grown? Were pesticides used? Growth hormones? Were they genetically modified to be bigger and juicier? My brain hurts just trying to think about it.

Solution: grow everything myself. Or in a community of like-minded individuals where we each grow/raise a handful of things and barter. (Hmmm, this sounds vaguely familiar ...)

In other news I realized this morning that I'd eaten my last yogurt. As a solution I threw some pinto beans, the rest of my canned tomatoes, and some ginger in a pan with evoo and ate it over rice. Then I had half my leftover pasta for lunch, half for dinner. I've eaten far too much rice this week.

Got home now with some munchies so I finished off my corn chips with some hummus. (I bet that corn was genetically modified ... wow, will I ever stop thinking this way?)

One class tomorrow, in the morning. Then a picnic lunch (I'm making guacamole), studying/notes, karaoke. No word from Crif Dog on what's in their veggie dogs and how they cook them. This doesn't seem promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment